Cal WALKS: San Jose Community Pedestrian Safety Workshop
- Tuesday, August 28, 2012 | 10 am to 11:30 am
- Eastside Neighborhood Center, 2150 Alum Rock Avenue, San José
- For lunch or child care, RSVP to Milton Cadena - 408.251.0217, email@example.com
- More Info
From Cal WALKS:
- Do you walk in San Jose?
- Are you concerned that drivers may not stop?
- Do you want to learn how to make walking safe and accessible?
- Then this FREE workshop is for you. . .
The purpose of the Community Pedestrian Safety Workshop is to improve safety and get more people walking. This workshop is for community members, seniors, people with disabilities, parents, youths, teachers, and pedestrian safety advocates to develop strategies to promote a safer walking environment. Transportation professionals are also invited. By the end of the workshop, you will have a basic understanding of how to set pedestrian safety priorities with a “next steps” plan to promote safe walking in San Jose.
- Presentations by local experts
- Interactive sessions
- Group discussions
- Walking tour exploring the community area and sidewalks from a pedestrian perspective
- Identification of community priorities