This Week: Transforming Boulevards in the East Bay
This week, SPUR leads a discussion on East Bay transit corridors, the SFMTA talks private shuttle policies, the East Bay Bike Party goes back to school, and WalkSF leads their 8th annual Peak2Peak walk.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: East Bay Boulevards. Join TransForm’s Joél Ramos and EBALDC real estate development director Carlos Castellanos for a discussion of the East Bay’s coming Bus Rapid Transit line and the “evolving role of boulevards and transit corridors for East Bay planning, development and transit travel.” 12:30 p.m.
- Friday: SFMTA Policy and Governance Committee Meeting. The committee will hear a presentation on regulating private shuttles to reduce conflicts with Muni buses and bicycle traffic. 9 a.m.
- Also Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing. On the agenda is a proposal for withdrawal of Muni from the BART Plus fare program, which provides unlimited rides for passengers who connect from BART. 10 a.m.
- More Friday: East Bay Bike Party: September Schoolyard Sellebration. It’s back to school time for kids, and bike party organizers are seizing the moment: “Recreate your favorite childhood moments, memories, shows, heroes, toys or even your first bike! Let the costume ideas flow!” 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: WalkSF: Peak2Peak Walk 2012. WalkSF hosts its 8th annual guided walk from the Mission to Land’s End, covering 14 miles and 10 peaks. 9 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.