East Bay BRT Station Design Community Meetings
- Monday, September 24, 2012 | 6 to 7:30 pm; Wednesday, September 26, 6 to 7:30pm; Thursday, September 27, 2012 | 7 to 9 pm; Saturday, September 29, 2012 | 11 am to 12:30 pm
- various locations
- More Info
In July, the Oakland and San Leandro City Councils joined the AC Transit Board of Directors in approving the East Bay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project, which will connect Downtown Oakland to East Oakland and San Leandro with service running every five minutes during peak hours.
As AC Transit develops the design of BRT stations, we continue to seek public input. Please join riders, neighbors, businesses, and AC Transit staff at a workshop on the architecture of the new stations.
At the meeting, you can view and comment on proposed station designs, and learn about crosswalk treatments and other amenities. A second round of meetings on neighborhood design will be held in November. Preliminary designs will be released in early 2013.
Community Meeting Dates and Locations
- Monday September 24, 6-7:30pm, Fruitvale Senior Center, 3301 E 12th St, Ste. 201, Oakland
- Wednesday September 26, 6-7:30pm, Oakland Asian Cultural Center, 388 9th St, Ste. 290, Room 4, Oakland
- Thursday September 27, 7-9:00pm, San Leandro Senior Community Center, 13909 E 14th St., San Leandro
- Saturday September 29, 11am-12:30pm, 81st Avenue Library Meeting Room, 1021 81st Ave, Oakland