This Week: ThinkBike San Jose and D3 Supe Candidates Forum
This week, Dutch cycling experts bring their knowhow to San Jose, District 3 Supervisor Candidates talk streets and parks, and the SFMTA fields your ideas for the future of Polk Street.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: ThinkBike San Jose Workshop. Dutch bicycling experts come together with local transportation planners and advocates to “share best practices and develop environmentally-friendly transportation networks” at this opening session of the two-day San Jose workshop. 9 a.m.
- Wednesday: Haight Ashbury Public Realm Plan Community Meeting. The Haight Ashbury Merchants Association and SF Planning Department host this first public meeting to develop a plan for making the streets and sidewalks of Haight-Ashbury more enjoyable and safe. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Supervisor Candidate Forum on Streets and Parks: District 3. Will your next supervisor be a leader in livable streets? Candidates in District 3 continue a series of forums about how to improve the city’s streets and parks. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: EBBC Bike-In Movie: The Kid With a Bike. Head to Trumer Brauerei in Berkeley with the EBBC for a brewery tour, drinks, popcorn, and a screening of the 2011 French film The Kid With a Bike. 7 p.m.
- All week and Saturday: SFMTA: Polk Street Walking Tour & Design Charrette. Join the SFMTA throughout the week for a series of walking tours along Polk Street, envisioning future bikeway and traffic calming improvements as proposed by the SFBC. On Saturday the final tour will be followed by a public meeting to gather input and share specific design ideas. 9 a.m.
- Sunday: ShapingSF: Halloween Bike Tour of Colma Cemeteries. Chris Carlsson of ShapingSF leads this cycling tour of four Colma cemeteries, visiting the grave sites of famous San Franciscans. Noon.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.