This week, cast your vote for livable streets on Tuesday, hear what Copenhagen’s bicycle manager has to say about making bike-friendly cities, and enjoy the SF Bike Expo.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar :
- Tuesday: Election Day . Get out and cast your vote on issues affecting sustainable transportation and livable streets in the Bay Area, whether it’s a transit-friendly Board of Supervisors , Alameda County’s Transpo Measure B1 , or electing a BART Board member . Find your polling place here .
- Also Tuesday: SFMTA Board of Directors Meeting . On the agenda is a presentation on Balboa Park BART and Muni Station improvements, and an update on the Transit Effectiveness Project. 1 p.m.
- Wednesday: AC Transit: East Bay BRT Design Meetings, Second Round . AC Transit will field public input on the station designs for the coming Oakland-San Leandro East Bay Bus Rapid Transit  route. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: SFBC Forum: Learning Actively  from Copenhagen’s Bicycling Successes . Join the SF Bike Coalition and Andreas Røhl, Copenhagen’s bicycle manager, for this forum on livable communities. 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Fifth Annual SF Bike Expo . The SF Bike Expo is back at the Cow Palace for its fifth year, featuring custom bike and fashion shows, competitions, a swap meet, and bike vendors from all over the country. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .