This week, take action for protected bike lanes on Second Street and smarter parking policy in the Northeast Mission, join TransForm for a talk on High Speed Rail, and celebrate with the SF Bicycle Coalition at the 17th annual Winterfest.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Grand Boulevard. Join SPUR, Kevin Connolly from the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, and Dena Belzer from Strategic Economics for a talk about Bus Rapid Transit on the Peninsula’s El Camino Real, where some cities have backtracked on dedicating road space to transit. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Second Street Improvement Project Community Meeting. Turn out and support the protected bike lane redesign for Second Street at a community meeting hosted by the SF Municipal Transportation Agency and the Department of Public Works. Make sure to RSVP by Tuesday. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: TransForm Talk: High Speed Rail, Finally on Track? Join a discussion on overcoming the cost and legal issues of building high-speed rail in California with Dan Richard, chair of the CA High-Speed Rail Authority, Marian Lee of Samtrans, and Elizabeth Goldstein Alexis of Californians Advocating Responsible Rail Design. (Note: This event will be held in San Jose.) 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: SFMTA Northeast Mission Parking Management Plan Community Meeting. The SFMTA returns to the Northeast Mission with a renewed initiative to price the curb. If you support the agency’s efforts to cut traffic and double-parking dysfunction by ending the curbside parking giveaway, it’s important to speak up at this meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: SFBC’s Winterfest. Grab your friends and celebrate with the SF Bicycle Coalition at the “hottest bike party of the year,” with a silent auction, art show, food, music, and bottomless beverages. Discounted early bird ticket prices end this Friday. 6 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.