This Week: Back Muni Funding Reform at the Board of Supes
Posted By Robert Prinz On December 3, 2012 @ 1:42 pm In Livable Streets Events | 1 Comment
This week, the Board of Supervisors considers a measure for Muni funding reform  being challenged by a misled opposition, the SFMTA Board considers options for extracting the Central Subway drill in North Beach and could approve free Muni for low-income youth, and Walk SF hosts its annual member party.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar :
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting . The board is expected to make the final vote giving the green light to free Muni for low-income youth with approval of a $6.7M regional grant, which will also be used for vehicle rehabilitation. The board will also discuss alternatives for removing the Central Subway tunnel boring machine in North Beach, free fares for Muni’s 100th Anniversary on December 28, and the implementation of Sunday parking meter enforcement. 1 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: SF Board of Supervisors Meeting . The board will consider a crucial Muni funding reform measure , known as an update to the Transit Impact Development Fee, which faces opposition based on misconceptions that many smaller non-profits would have to start paying the fee. Transit advocates are urging supporters to back the measure at the hearing. 2 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Oakland City Council Meeting . The East Bay Bicycle Coalition is calling on supporters to get behind the city’s plans to expand bike improvements in 2013, including six key proposed projects that will require removing traffic lanes or car parking. The Oakland City Council will consider adopting the plans tomorrow. 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Shaping SF Talk: Planning 4th Street: Remaking a San Francisco Corridor . Join Shaping SF and staff from the Planning Department for a discussion on the city’s efforts to “redesign and rethink the 4th Street corridor” with the construction of the Central Subway. 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Walk SF hosts “Woonerven, ” its annual member party, to “celebrate the season with people who share your passion for walking, creating safer streets and great public spaces, greening our city, and making our transportation more sustainable.” 6 p.m.
- Friday: Polk Street Design Open House . In case you missed the first one last week, the SFMTA will hold another open house design workshop to showcase proposals for improving Polk Street for walking, biking, and transit. You can also view the proposals and take the survey online . 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Also Friday: SF Bike Party  and the SF Yellow Bike Project hold a holiday ride where they’ll collect toy and bike donations for children at rest stops along the way. The ride meets at McCovey Cove at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SPUR Special Event: Shuttling San Francisco to the Valley . SPUR hosts a panel of artists, activists and transportation professionals to examine the effects of the network of private shuttles that move workers between San Francisco and Silicon Valley. 3:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/12/03/this-week-back-muni-funding-reform-at-the-board-of-supes/
URLs in this post:
 a measure for Muni funding reform: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/11/28/misconceptions-fuel-non-profit-opposition-to-crucial-muni-funding-reform/
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 SFMTA Board Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/12/03/sfmta-board-meeting-43/
 SF Board of Supervisors Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/12/03/sf-board-of-supervisors-meeting-81/
 Oakland City Council Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/11/25/oakland-public-workscity-council-meetings-2013-bikeways/
 Shaping SF Talk: Planning 4th Street: Remaking a San Francisco Corridor: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/11/18/shaping-sf-talk-planning-4th-street-remaking-a-san-francisco-corridor/
 Walk SF hosts “Woonerven,: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/11/28/woonerven-walk-sfs-annual-member-party/
 Polk Street Design Open House: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/12/03/polk-street-design-open-house/
 view the proposals and take the survey online: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/opolk/PolkStreetCompleteStreets.htm
 SF Bike Party: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/12/02/sf-bike-party-lane-of-misfit-toys-ride/
 SPUR Special Event: Shuttling San Francisco to the Valley: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/11/25/spur-special-event-shuttling-san-francisco-to-the-valley/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.