Public Meeting: Sunnydale-Velasco HOPE SF Master Plan
- Saturday, January 12, 2013 | 10 am
- Sunnydale Community Room, 1652 Sunnydale Avenue
- More Info
NOTE: Two public scoping meetings will be held to receive oral comments concerning the scope of the EIR: (1) Saturday, January 5, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. at the Visitacion Valley Library, 201 Leland Avenue, and (2) Saturday, January 12, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. at the Sunnydale Community Room, 1652 Sunnydale Avenue. Written comments will also be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on January 18, 2013.
Project Description: The project sponsor, Sunnydale Development Co., LLC (comprising co-developers Mercy Housing California and The Related Companies of California), proposes to demolish the existing buildings, including 785 family and senior dwelling units, at the Sunnydale and Velasco public housing complexes in the Visitacion Valley neighborhood, and to build replacement and new housing, new infrastructure, open space and community amenities. Highlights of the plan include:
- Up to 1,700 units of housing, including one-for-one public housing replacement units, affordable rental units and market rate and affordable for-sale units.
- Up to 72,500 square feet of community service, recreational and educational facilities.
- 11.5 acres of new parks and open spaces, including a community garden, a farmer’s market pavilion and secure outdoor courtyards within residential buildings.
- 12.2 acres of a new and reconfigured street network potentially including “green” features including bioswales and landscaping.
- Up to 16,200 square feet of neighborhood-serving retail.
The project sponsor intends to construct the project to LEED® (Leadership in Energy Efficient Design) ND (Neighborhood Development) standards.
Contact: Nannie Turrell
Notice of Availability of Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report / Environmental Impact Statement, and Notice of Public Scoping Meetings: http://sfmea.sfplanning.org/2010.0305E_NOA.pdf
Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report / Environmental Impact Statement: http://sfmea.sfplanning.org/2010.0305E_NOP.pdf