The SF Bicycle Coalition continues its “Love Your Lanes” bike rides in Districts 10 and 11 this weekend to generate ideas for improving bicycling conditions in the south and southeastern neighborhoods. The District 10 ride will look at ways to create better connections in Bayview and improve connections to the 22nd Street Caltrain station, while the District 11 ride will explore neighborhoods like Ingleside and the Excelsior and the area around Balboa Park BART.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: At the SF County Transportation Authority Board meeting, city staffers will provide an update on the Better Market Street project, which Supervisor John Avalos called for out of concern over the project’s delays and the new proposal to build a protected bike lanes on Mission Street instead of Market. 11 a.m.
- Also Tuesday: A SPUR Forum on “Innovative Urban Cartography” brings together computer programmer and mapmaker Eric Fischer, transportation planner Brian Stokle, and Stamen Design founder and CEO Eric Rodenbeck for a look at the future of data-inspired mapping and “what these maps show us about our way of life.” 6 p.m.
- More Tuesday: The 2013 Silicon Valley Bike Summit will host in-depth discussions on creating bike-friendly cities with Mia Birk, former manager of Portland’s Bicycle Program, and Charlie Gandy, mobility coordinator for Long Beach and founder of the Texas Bicycle Coalition. 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday: Join the discussion with the SF Bicycle Advisory Committee and city staffers to help advise the Board of Supervisors on how to improve bicycling in SF. Issues on this month’s agenda are BART’s next bikes-on-board trial, signs discouraging bicycle riders from unsafely passing Muni buses on the right, and an update on the Green Connections Project. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: SFBC “Love Your Lanes” Bike Rides – Districts 11 and 10. The SF Bicycle Coalition continues its district-by-district bike rides to scope out bicycle conditions and generate ideas for making neighborhoods more bike-friendly. The District 11 ride (Saturday, 10 a.m.) through Ingleside and the Excelsior meets at Balboa Park BART. The District 10 ride (Sunday, 1 p.m.) through Bayview, Potrero, and Visitacion Valley meets at 16th and Illinois Streets.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.