This Week: Another Chance to Support a Safer Polk Street
The SFMTA holds another open house to showcase design options for a safer Polk Street tomorrow evening. The SFBC also holds “Love Your Lanes” rides in Districts 5 and 9 this week, and speak up for increased funding for bicycling at a town hall on the city budget on Saturday.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: If you missed your chance on Saturday, the SFMTA is holding a second open house to showcase proposals for safety improvements on Polk Street, where you can show your support for the design that creates the safest, most livable street — not the one that preserves the most car parking. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday and Saturday: The SF Bicycle Coalition holds two “Love Your Lanes” bike rides to survey bicycling conditions in District 9 through the Mission and Bernal Heights (Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.) and District 5 through the Panhandle, Inner Sunset, Western Addition, and the Lower Haight (Saturday at 1 p.m.).
- Friday: On the agenda for this week’s SFMTA engineering hearing is a new bus bulb for the outbound 38-Geary at Arguello Boulevard. The stop would also be moved across the intersection, so the bus would clear the light before picking up passengers. 10 a.m.
- Also Friday: Get your pink on — the SF Bike Party heads out this month in celebration of May flowers. 8 p.m.
- Saturday: The SFBC is calling on supporters to join the District 8 and 9 Budget Town Hall meetings to urge Supervisors Scott Wiener and David Campos to help increase the share of the SFMTA’s capital budget dedicated to bicycling from the current measly 0.46 percent. 9 a.m. Keep an eye out for more budget town halls in your district in the coming weeks.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.