This Week: Muni TEP Meetings, Re-Thinking Mission Street
The SFMTA is taking the Muni Transit Effectiveness Project on a tour this week, with meetings in three neighborhoods where you can weigh in on proposed transit improvements. The Planning Department is also initiating a new plan for Mission Street outside of SoMa, and this weekend is the Silicon Valley Transportation Summit.
Here are all of this week’s calendar highlights:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday: The SFMTA will hold meetings where you can weigh in on the Muni Transit Effectiveness Project proposals to upgrade Muni lines in three neighborhoods:
- Upper Haight: 6-Parnassus, 71-Haight/Noriega. Tonight at 6 p.m.
- Parkside: 28/L-19th Avenue. Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Visitacion Valley: 8X-Bayshore, 10-Townsend/22-Fillmore/33-Stanyan, 56-Rutland. Saturday at 11 a.m.
You can also submit input online at TellMuni.com.
- Wednesday: The Planning Department will hold an open house to kick off its Mission Street Public Life Plan, an initiative to re-think Mission south of Van Ness Avenue and improve conditions for walking and transit. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The National Park Service will hold an open house on plans to rehabilitate the pavement on the promenade in front of Aquatic Park, with opportunities to create a better environment for walking and biking between Fisherman’s Wharf and Fort Mason. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: Silicon Valley Transportation Choices and Healthy Communities Summit. TransForm hosts this gathering of sustainable transportation advocacy groups and transit agencies in the Bay Area “to promote improved transportation networks and complete communities in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.” 9 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.