This Week: More Muni TEP, SFMTA Budget, Sunday Streets
The SFMTA continues its community meetings on the Muni Transit Effectiveness Project, where you can provide feedback about transit improvements on your Muni routes. The agency will also hold discussions on its upcoming budget at its board meeting and a town hall this weekend. A Board of Supervisors committee also considers Vision Zero, and Sunday Streets kicks off for the year.
Here are this week’s calendar highlights:
- Monday thru Thursday: The SFMTA will continues its public meetings about TEP improvements in three more neighborhoods, as well as a general citywide meeting:
- Hayes Valley: Routes 35 and 48. Tonight at 6 p.m.
- Outer Sunset: L-Taraval. Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Pacific Heights: Routes 3, 28/28L, and 43. Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Citywide Public Meeting: Covering citywide TEP proposals. Thursday at 6 p.m
You can also submit input online at TellMuni.com.
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors will hear an update on the agency’s FY 2015-16 budget, which could include measures like Muni fare hikes and undoing Sunday parking meters. 2 p.m. On Saturday, The SFMTA will also hold its second town hall budget meeting at 11 a.m.
- Thursday: The Board of Supervisors Neighborhood Services and Safety Committee considers a resolution adopting Vision Zero and another resolution creating a Pedestrian Safety Public Awareness Working Group. The committee will also hold a hearing on the SFMTA’s regulation of private shuttles. 10 a.m.
- Saturday: Join the Planning Department and the Ocean Avenue Community Benefit District on a walking tour on Ocean Avenue to discuss ways to improve transportation and livability on the corridor. 10 a.m.
- Sunday: The first Sunday Streets of 2014 brings some car-free fun to the Embarcadero. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.