Highlight of the week: Join Streetsblog and fellow advocates this Thursday for a happy hour at Virgil’s Sea Room — we’d love to see you.
Elsewhere this week: Supervisors host three Transportation 2030 open house meetings on ballot measures, SPUR hosts a walking tour of the Transbay Transit Center and looks at updates on California High-Speed Rail, and Folks for Polk hosts a pub talk with key city street design staffers.
Here are this week’s calendar highlights:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: Three supervisors will host Transportation 2030 open houses in their respective districts to discuss transportation funding measures on the ballot in November: D11 Supervisor John Avalos on Monday, D6 Supervisor Jane Kim on Tuesday, and D1 Supervisor Eric Mar on Wednesday. Check the schedule for an open house in your district in the coming weeks.
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors will consider plans for a pedestrian-friendly block of Bartlett Street in the Mission and the trial restriction of cars on crooked Lombard Street. 1 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: SPUR hosts two events on major transit projects in the works: On Tuesday, take a construction site tour of the Transbay Transit Center, which is poised to become the “Grand Central Station of the West.” 2:30 p.m. On Wednesday, a lunchtime forum will feature updates on California High-Speed Rail’s projected ridership, lower total costs, and business plan from CAHSRA’s Ben Tripousis. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join a pub talk with Folks for Polk featuring Department of Public Works Director Mohammed Nuru, SFMTA Livable Streets Section Leader Seleta Reynolds, and other city staffers to discuss the future of Polk Street and the transportation ballot measures. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Come unwind at a Streetsblog happy hour at Virgil’s Sea Room, which has generously offered 10 percent of its bar proceeds to benefit Streetsblog SF. Join us for a drink, mingle with fellow advocates, and take a shot at winning some of our great raffle prizes. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.