This Week: Two Thursday Forums on SF’s Transportation Woes
This Thursday evening has two promising forums on transportation, unfortunately scheduled at the same time. The SF Bay Guardian will host a forum on “how to create the transportation system San Franciscans need,” while a SPUR forum looks at why SF’s parking problems could be temporary. Also, don’t miss the final two Transportation 2030 community meetings on the November ballot measures in Districts 3 and 9.
Here are all of this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday and Thursday: Transportation 2030 community meetings: Join Supervisors David Chiu in District 3 (Tuesday, 6 p.m.) and David Campos in District 9 (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.) for the final two community meetings about the city’s proposed November ballot measures to raise transportation revenues.
- Wednesday: City planners will host an open house about redesigning upper Haight Street to upgrade transit and pedestrian safety, and you can weigh in on the latest proposals. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday: The SF Bay Guardian hosts a forum called ”Bikes, Buses, and Budgets: How to Create the Transportation System San Franciscans Need.” Supervisor Scott Wiener, Street Fight author Jason Henderson, and the SF Bicycle Coalition’s Chema Hernández Gil will tackle “the gap between political rhetoric and realities on the street.” 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: At the same time, SPUR hosts a forum to discuss “the present state of parking and what can be done to make the future less gridlocked.” Panelists include reps from the SF Transit Riders Union, Nelson/Nygaard, and Calle 24, the 24th Street merchant and neighborhood association. 6 p.m.
- Friday: This week’s SFMTA engineering hearing agenda includes 76 on-street car-share parking spaces, 11 bus zone extensions, and more. You can show your support for these proposals by attending, or by writing to email@example.com with the subject line “Public Hearing.”
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.