- Monday tonight!: Join Richmond’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee to plan upcoming events, review city projects, and discuss the implementation of Richmond’s Bicycle Master Plan. Some of what is on the agenda: the Richmond‐San Rafael Bridge Bike Path project update, a post-event discussion on Bike To Work Day, and a talk about the Ride of Silence. Monday, June 13, 5:30-7:30 p.m. 450 Civic Center Plaza, Pt. Molate Conference Room, Second Floor, Richmond.
- Tuesday: Join the next SPUR talk to learn about megaproject developments. Much of San Francisco’s housing pipeline is comprised of huge projects that are planned for specific, underdeveloped areas around the city. These projects have been in the works for years and are now starting to take shape. Join SPUR for a talk about Parkmerced and Schlage Lock, as well as the Brisbane Baylands project just south of the city limits. Tuesday, June 14. 12:30 p.m., SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Wednesday: This spring the City of Oakland adopted an impact fee on residential development to pay for affordable housing, transportation, and other public benefits. Join SPUR for a discussion on how this fee will affect the city’s housing market. How will we know if it’s working as intended? Hear how it may work to improve Oakland and, it is hoped, keep it affordable. Wednesday, June 15, 12:30 p.m. SPUR Oakland, 1544 Broadway, Oakland. Free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Thursday: Want to become an advocate for safer, more walkable streets? Volunteer to become a Walk SF Ambassador. Learn how to help educate neighbors and the community about Vision Zero, Safe Routes to School, and Green Connections. The first step is learning to be a Summer Ambassador. Thursday, June 16, 6:30-7:45 p.m. at the Walk SF Office, 333 Hayes Street, S.F. RSVP is requested.
- Saturday: : Richmond District streets are getting safer and more welcoming, but more needs to be done. Join a casual bike ride to learn about initiatives and ideas to make walking and biking in District 1 even safer for people of all ages and abilities. Saturday, June 18, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Velo Rouge Cafe, 798 Arguello Boulevard, S.F. Free for SF Bicycle Coalition members (a $10 donation from non-members is appreciated); rain cancels the ride. No RSVP needed.
- Saturday: : 3rd Annual Brewfest at the Sports Basement, Berkeley. Sports Basement is hosting the 3rd Annual BrewFest. A $5 donation to Bike East Bay gets you tastings from the finest Bay Area breweries: Lagunitas, Black Diamond, Drakes, Headlands, Sufferfest, and Triple Rock. Saturday, June 18, 3-6:00 p.m., 2727 Milvia Street, Berkeley. RSVP required.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.