- Monday tonight! Deliver Burritos by Bike with Burrito Project SF. The Burrito Project is a community-supported group that gets together on the last Monday of each month to make and deliver burritos to the homeless. Monday, tonight! Oct. 31, burritos assembled from 4-5:30 p.m., or join them at 5:30 to help deliver the food by bike, Martin De Porres House Foundation, 225 Potrero Avenue, S.F.
- Tuesday Prototyping on Market Street. The Prototyping Festival was created as a pathway towards a more vibrant and positive experience on Market Street. This year, new initiatives were founded to connect more neighborhoods and communities, as well as to prolong the positive effects of the festival. Hear about its highlights and learn how the festival is creating lasting change on Market Street. Tuesday, Nov. 1, 12:30, SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F.
- Tuesday Low (Car)bon Communities. There’s urgent need to reduce carbon emissions and design cities for car-free and car-light living. The book Low Car(bon) Communities examines cities that have reduced dependency on autos. Join author Nicole Foletta for a discussion of what she found. Tuesday, Nov. 1, 6 p.m. SPUR Oakland, 1544 Broadway, Oakland.
- Wednesday What’s Next for Diridon? Over $8 billion in transportation investments will make Diridon Station into one of the most connected places in the country, but in order to start running BART trains by 2025 and high-speed rail by 2029, plans have to move quickly. Decisions made in the next several months will shape the South Bay for the next century. Learn more about what is in the works for this crucial hub. Co-presented by the Commonwealth Club. Wednesday, Nov. 2, 12:30, SPUR San Jose, 76 South First Street, San Jose.
- Thursday Bike the Vote: SF Coalition Phone Bank. Come chat up SF Bicycle Coalition members about the election. This year’s election is an important one for biking in San Francisco and the SFBC is hosting phone banks to spread the word about endorsements. Plan to stay for a thank-you dinner afterward and get to know fellow volunteers. Thursday, Nov. 3, 5-8 p.m., the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Offices, 1720 Market Street, S.F.
- Saturday Urban Cycling 101 Classroom Workshop – UC Berkeley. Bike East Bay, with support from the UC Berkeley Police Department, is offering free, two-hour bicycle skills workshops. Learn basic rules of the road, how to equip your bicycle, fit your helmet, avoid bike theft, ride after dark, and prevent common crashes. This is a two-hour, indoor workshop for adults and teens. Saturday, Nov. 5, 1-3 p.m., Dwinelle Hall, Room 209, UC Berkeley.
- Sunday Gals with Gears: Ride the Iron Horse Trail. Join the Gals for a casually paced “out and back” roll along the paved Iron Horse Trail. This is a fine ride for single and three-speed bikes. Meet at Pleasant Hill BART, hop on the trail for a nine-mile trip to downtown Danville, stop for coffee, lounge around a bit and then ride nine miles back to Pleasant Hill BART. Estimated time is less than three hours. Sunday, Nov. 6, 10-1 pm, Pleasant Hill BART Station, 1365 Treat Blvd, Walnut Creek.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.