- Tuesday ELECTION DAY! Haven’t made up your mind on local measures, be sure to check out endorsement guides from SPUR, The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, BikeEastBay, and, of course, Streetsblog, which is endorsing several measures, including the BART bond/RR, J&K and Oakland’s KK.
- Wednesday Post Election Recap. The upcoming election puts hot-button issues before the voters. What will the results mean for the city and for the next set of election cycles to come? SPUR and local political analysts provide a witty and incisive post-election recap. Wednesday, Nov. 9, 12:30 p.m. SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR Members, $10 for non-members.
- Wednesday Bridging Urban America The bridges that cross our bays and channels connect the cities of the Bay Area. The new film, Bridging Urban America, celebrates Ralph Modjeski, the master engineer behind dozens of bridges, including the Bay Bridge, and examines how his work has defined road travel across the country. Wednesday, Nov. 9, 6 p.m. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – New Mission, 2550 Mission St., S.F. Tickets are $20 and includes a reception.
- Thursday NorCal: AIDS/LifeCycle Information Session. Are you thinking about doing AIDS/LifeCycle, but have a ton of questions before you register? This NorCal information session is a great way to learn about Fundraising, Training, Bike and Gear Shopping, and all the fun things we do throughout the year. Thursday, Nov. 10, 6-7:30 p.m., S.F. AIDS Foundation, 1035 Market St. Suite #400, S.F. RSVP.
- Thursday Biketopia: Bike East Bay’s Winter Party and Fundraiser. Join Bike East Bay for Biketopia, an annual fundraiser and member party. Thursday, Nov. 10, 6:30-10 p.m., The Impact Hub, 2323 Broadway, Oakland. Tickets: $35 advance/$40 at the door. Member discount is $15 advance/$20 at the door. Reserve tickets on Eventbrite.
- Saturday Surveying Central SoMa. Join Walk San Francisco, veteran monthly and Peak2Peak walk leader Eric Chase, and urban planner Brian Stokle of the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, for a tour of SoMa’s rapidly changing neighborhood, highlighting aspects of the Central SoMa Plan. Saturday, Nov. 12. 10 a.m.-12 p.m. The walk will start at Mint Plaza. RSVP required. Free for Walk SF members, $10 for non-members.
- Sunday Sunday Streets Embarcadero. This year, Sunday Streets on the Embarcadero will be the season finale. It is one of the longer Sunday Streets routes, opening over two miles of streets along the waterfront for residents and visitors to enjoy. Sunday, Nov. 13, 11-4 p.m. The Sunday Streets Embarcadero route includes the northbound lanes of Embarcadero from AT&T Park to Broadway Street, including King St to 3rd.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.