- Monday tonight! City Trivia Night XI. City Trivia Night is back. Six themed rounds of searing questions relating to cities, architecture, urban planning and policy make this event the ultimate showcase of urbanist talent and planning geekery. Bring your own team of six or join up with other urbanists at the event to compete for the crown and prizes. Monday, tonight! Nov. 28, 6 p.m., SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free to the public.
- Wednesday The Future of Transportation in the Caltrain Corridor. SPUR’s new transportation study explains how to make the Caltrain/Highway 101 corridor a place where transit thrives and cities grow without gridlock. San Francisco, San Jose and many other growing cities increasingly need Caltrain (and in the future, high-speed rail) to work as a foundation for a sustainable transportation system. Come hear highlights of the study and discuss implementation with SPUR and partners. Wednesday, Nov. 30, 12:30 p.m., SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR Members, $10 for non-members.
- Wednesday San Francisco Bicycle Coalition SoMa Member Committee. With the approval of the Seventh and Eighth Street protected bike lanes, the Bicycle Coalition is focusing on longer-term planning for Folsom and Howard Streets. SFMTA will begin public meetings in December, so SFBC is organizing and preparing ideas for how to make SoMa a welcome place for people who bike and walk. Wednesday, Nov. 30, 6-7:30 p.m., 1720 Market St., S.F.
- Friday Women Bike SF Coffee Club. Once a month, an informal gathering of women, trans and femme-identified folks meet to talk about bicycling in the city, share tips, and caffeinate together. If you’re new to riding or interested but haven’t gotten rolling yet, this is a perfect place to find riding buddies and answer questions about biking in SF. Friday, Dec. 2, 8 a.m., Sextant Coffee Roasters, 1415 Folsom St. S.F. RSVP requested.
- Saturday Tamale Fest and Bikes. The Tamale Fest is a fundraiser for a community bike shop. This is an outdoor event, so dress warmly. If it rains, tamales will be served under canopies (with the heat lamps to keep you warm.) Saturday, Dec. 3., 3-8 p.m., Keller House, 1760 Clayton Road, Concord. Ticket prices vary.
- Saturday Golden Gate Park Traffic Safety Project: Community Open House. Join city staff to help establish safe access to the park’s amazing destinations, whether you walk, drive, ride a bike, or take public transportation. Tell them about how you get around Golden Gate Park and about locations where you have felt unsafe or see opportunities for improvement. Saturday, Dec. 3, 10-12 p.m., County Fair Building, Auditorium, 1199 9th Ave., S.F.
- Sunday Gals with Gears: Embarcadero (SF) to Tiburon. Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride along Embarcadero in San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge, and over to the Tiburon Ferry Terminal. Sunday, Dec. 4, 9:45 a.m. sharp. The Ferry Building, One Ferry Building, S.F. RSVP required.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.