This Week: Bike Lights, Light Rail, Streetsblog Holiday Party
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday tonight! Bike Light Assembly Night. Help put together light sets for Bike East Bay’s annual bike light giveaway. Dinner and snacks will be provided. Mon., Dec. 12, 5 pm. Bike East Bay Headquarters, 466 Water St., in Oakland’s Jack London Square.
- Monday tonight! Bike Talks Lightrail Project Demo. Lightrail is a two-mile long work of public art on Market Street that reflects over your head the real time movement of the transit systems beneath your feet. SF Bicycle Coalition members are invited to a special presentation on this exciting project. This is a members-only event. Mon., tonight!, Dec. 12, 6-7:30 pm. The Hall, 1028 Market St., S.F.
- Tuesday Community Meeting for Public Park at the Sherwin-Williams Site. Lennar Multifamily Communities discuss the design of a new community park located at the former Sherwin-Williams site. They are looking for feedback to help transform the future park site into a vibrant destination for the larger Emeryville community. Tues., Dec. 13th, 6-7:30 pm, Emeryville Center of Community Life (ECCL), 4727 San Pablo Avenue, Building A100, Emeryville. Light refreshments provided.
- Thursday Member Office Hours District 3. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s Executive Director Brian Wiedenmeier wants to hear from you. He is hosting monthly office hours in each of SF’s Supervisorial districts. This month, he’s biking to D3 and locking up outside Caffe Trieste in North Beach. Bike by and let him know what’s on your mind. Thurs., Dec. 15, 8-10 am., Caffe Trieste, 601 Vallejo St., S.F.
- Thursday Streetsblog Holiday Party! Join Streetsblog San Francisco upstairs at the rear of the Dalva bar, aka “The Hideout.” Come meet your favorite Streetsbloggers and relax with friends you didn’t even know you had. The Hideout is sponsoring drink specials just for our readers. We look forward to seeing you there. The event is free and open to the public. Also, this is our end-of-the-year pledge drive, so you can make a donation at the event, or donate anytime online at Streetsblog San Francisco! Thurs., Dec. 15 7-9 pm, at Dalva, 3121 16th Street, S.F.
- Saturday Urban Cycling 101 Classroom Workshop. This workshop is taught by a Bike East Bay instructor certified by the League of American Bicyclists. Learn basic rules of the road, how to equip your bicycle, fit your helmet, avoid bike theft, ride after dark, and prevent common crashes. Two-hour, indoor workshop for adults and teens, no bike required. Sat., Dec. 17, 1-3 pm. Golden Gate Library, 5606 San Pablo Ave, Oakland.
- Sunday Paradise Loop Bike Ride. Enjoy a counterclockwise ride of Marin’s “Paradise Loop” targeted for beginner and intermediate riders (most will be riding hybrid bikes, not road bikes). Please double check and make sure your bicycle is in good working order prior to the ride. Sun., Dec. 19, 10 am–3 pm. Meet in front of Cal Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse Dr., S.F. at 10 a.m. Free to SF Bicycle Coalition Members, $10 suggested donation for non-members.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.