There’s a little bit of everything on the Streetsblog calendar this week: a demonstration, an awards show, an evening to discuss street etiquette, and three chances to geek out about parking.
Here are the highlights:
- Tonight: A Noe Valley community forum on traffic issues is sure to feature a lively discussion. Supervisor Scott Wiener will join reps from the SFMTA, SFPD, and the SF Bicycle Coalition to help provide “clarification on traffic laws, address misunderstandings, and talk about how we can foster a more gracious etiquette and neighborly courtesy on the streets and sidewalks of Noe Valley.” 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Author Richard Wilson will discuss his new book, “Parking Management for Smart Growth,” at three forums: Tuesday at SPUR San Jose (12:30 p.m.) and in Palo Alto (6 p.m.), and Wednesday at a SPUR forum in SF at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join Friends of Caltrain and other transit advocates for a rally at City Hall calling on public officials to fully fund the extension of Caltrain and CA High-Speed Rail to SF’s Transbay Transit Center. 11 a.m.
- Also Wednesday: 22 & Beyond: SFTRU’s Muni Challenge Closing Celebration. The SF Transit Riders Union closes out its Muni 22-Day Challenge with awards for elected officials, from the most frequent riders to the “crankiest tweeter.” Supervisors Wiener, Jane Kim, John Avalos, and Eric Mar will be in attendance. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: The SF Recreation and Parks Department holds a public meeting on improvements to the “Figure 8″ roadway at the top of Twin Peaks, including more space for walking and biking. 6:30 p.m.
- Next Monday: We’re giving an early heads-up for Livable City’s upcoming forum — “Tomorrow Transit” — that will “bring together bike-share, ride-share, regional transit, and end-user experts to discuss the future — and future challenges — of first and last mile connections.” 6 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.