- Monday tonight! Mission Community Hearing. Supervisor David Campos and the SFMTA are holding a public hearing about tweaking the design of the Mission Street Red transit-only lanes. This is in response to complaints by local merchants that the lanes are hurting their bottom lines. SFMTA and the Supervisor’s office will hear suggestions from the public. Attendees will be required to submit a speaker card. When called, speakers will be given two minutes to address the hearing. Monday, tonight, June 20, 6 pm at the Mission Cultural Center, 2868 Mission Street, SF.
- Tuesday Enlivening Our Main Streets. Once-forgotten downtown main streets in towns across the country are being revitalized. But reversing a declining downtown or a crumbling commercial corridor is a more complicated problem than just finding money. How do you build community, activate empty storefronts, and make main streets better places to live, work, and play? Join SPUR Oakland for a afternoon discussion of what it takes to make a vibrant downtown. Tuesday, June 21, 12:30 pm. SPUR Oakland, 1544 Broadway. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members.
- Tuesday Bikes, Wrenches, and Brews at Berkeley REI. Hang out with fellow bicyclists at the Berkeley REI to learn bike maintenance in a laid-back setting. Bring your bike, grab a complimentary brew, some grub, and a wrench. REI staff will instruct in basic bike maintenance. Tuesday, June 21, 6-8 p.m. Berkeley REI, 1338 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley.
- Wednesday San Francisco Pride Parade Decorating Party. Stop by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition office to help create decorations and build a float for participation in the 2016 Pride Parade. Wednesday, June 22, 6-8 p.m. SF Bicycle Coalition Headquarters, 1720 Market Street, SF.
- Wednesday Market Street Hub Workshop. This second workshop on San Francisco’s plan for the Hub will focus on street, open space, and public realm improvements that build on the initial concepts in the Market & Octavia Area Plan. This workshop will be an opportunity to learn more and share your ideas on how the area’s streets and public spaces can better serve community needs. Wednesday, June 22, 6-8 p.m. Red Cross Building, 1663 Market Street, SF.
- Thursday Women Bike Happy Hour, Oakland. This is a regular thing, each 4th Thursday of the month. Spend some quality, off-the-bike time with other women who bike and drink. Any level of rider and all women, trans and femme folks are welcome. Bring your bike-curious friends. Bike parking provided. Thursday, June 23, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Woods Bar & Brewery, 1701 Telegraph Ave, Oakland.
- Saturday César Chavez: From Traffic Sewer to a Safer, Greener Neighbor. Join Walk San Francisco for a walk led by CC Puede’s Fran Taylor and guest speaker Bonnie Ora Sherk of A Living Library to explore place-making activism and local hydrology on César Chávez Street, on the southern edge of the Mission. The mostly flat, two-mile walk will start at St. Luke’s Hospital and make its way along César Chávez past Bryant and on to the infamous freeway exchange known as the “hairball,” with a stairway climb there for a view from Bernal Heights. Saturday, June 25, 10-noon. St. Luke’s Hospital 3555 Cesar Chavez St, SF. RSVP required. Free for Walk SF Members. $10 for non-members. Walk will proceed rain or shine, barring high winds or dangerous weather.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.