This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week is all about the weekend: check out four bike rides that will prepare you for the San Francisco Pride Parade and get you thinking about what happens to recycled materials. Here are the week’s highlights:
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting. The SFMTA Board is back after missing its last meeting due to lack of a quorum. Audits — of work orders, the agency’s performance, and financial statements — are all on the agenda. 12 p.m.
- Tuesday: SFBC Phone Banking. Volunteer to phone bank with the SFBC.
No cold calling, just simple reminders to friendly lapsed SFBC members
that their membership is expired. 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Recycling Factory Ride. Check out this ride to the Pier 96 Recology Recycle Central recycling plant. Embark on a "rare and information-filled guided tour of the factory." 10 a.m.
- Saturday: Thinkwalks Bike Ride: The Big Shift tour. -3:15 p.m.
- Saturday: Monthly SF Bicycle Coalition Good Roads Ride: Fluff the Pride Parade Route.
- Sunday: AIDS/LifeCycle 9 Ride. A seven-day fundraiser bike ride from San Francisco
to Los Angeles through some of California’s most scenic countryside. 6 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar
for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop
us a line.