This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week kicks off with discussions about Smart Growth and overhauling transit, and ends in grand fashion with Oakland’s first ciclovia and San Francisco’s 40th Anniversary LGBTQ Pride Parade. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Smart growth in San Francisco. Where should new housing and jobs go? What are the planning tools that help planners decide? Join Sarah Dennis-Phillips of the Planning Department, Ken Kirkey of the Association of Bay Area Governments and Ron Miguel of the Planning Commission in a discussion of Smart Growth in the city. 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: TransForm:
TransForum: Problems & Solutions for Public Transportation in the
Bay Area. Meet with TransForm and guests from SFMTA and AC Transit to discuss the harsh realities Bay
Area transit agencies are facing and talk about possible solutions.
- Wednesday: SPUR Mission Bay Walking Tour. Tour Mission Bay’s South end with Kelley Kahn and Catherine Reilly of the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and discuss the significance of the 303-acre redevelopment project. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. Meet with the eleven member Bicycle Advisory Committee and speak out about bike related issues in the city. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Gay Pride LGBTQ History Tour. Ride through San Francisco in celebration of Gay Pride Weekend, visiting key sites and neighborhoods from LGBTQ history. 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: SF Bicycle Coalition Rides Pride Parade. Gather with the Byke Pride contingent and ride down Market Street during the 40th Anniversary Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade. 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Sunday: Oaklavia – Come Play in the Streets of Oakland. Head over to the East Bay to embrace car-free streets. Soak up the sun and good vibes while cycling, walking or skating through downtown Oakland.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.