This Week in Livable Streets Events
Take advantage of summer and the joys of cycling by joining some fun outings this week. And, review large and small scale improvement projects with SPUR and Supervisor Mirkarimi. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: The new Central Subway corridor. Grab lunch and head over to SPUR to mull over the land-use implications of building the Central Subway. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Wiggle to the Market. Donning a helmet and pulling up on your bike will net you reusable shopping bags, coupons for free fruit and good times on this group ride to the Upper Haight Farmer’s Market. 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: EBBC and Berkeley Bike Station Open House Party & Movie Night. Celebrate the opening of the country’s second largest bike station in Berkeley and the East Bay Bicycle Coalition’s new office. Have a beer and chat up fellow cyclists, marvel at the sparkling new bike racks, and head to the theater to watch Inception. 6:00-9:15 p.m.
- Friday: SF 2 Google First Friday Friendly Frolic. This truly friendly ride, with a No Rider Left Behind policy, will ensure that you reach Mountain View in once piece and in good spirits. 12:30 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR Walking Tour: District 5 tour with Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi. Check out the Divisadero Corridor’s sidewalk improvements and other booming area’s in District 5 with Supervisor Mirkarimi. 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Monthly Good Roads Ride: Summer of Smooth. Enjoy a smooth ride through the Haight with great company and help spray paint any ride rocking potholes along the way. 10:00-12:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.