This Week in Livable Streets Events
Take it easy during the work week and prepare for an action packed, free-wheeling, rustic dining, advocacy supporting weekend. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: New BART expansions. Guests from BART and VTA will discuss their goals and strategies for connecting South and East Bay hubs to the BART system. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Sports Basement Shopping Party to Benefit SFBC’s Climate Ride Team. Show support for Team SFBC and enjoy a 20 percent discount on purchases. Forty percent of the funds raised by the team will go to SFBC! 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Tour de Menlo. Ride to provide materials, tutoring and scholarships to disadvantaged students. Start times and difficulty levels vary to ensure everyone a fun and comfortable ride. 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday: SF Bicycle Coalition Rec Ride: Tour of SF Dump & Artist In Residence Program. This tour with Recology SF will show and discuss how the city and local art combine to boost recycling and sustainability. 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday: La Cocina SF Street Food Festival 2010. Delight in the energy and deliciousness of this local street food fest and help La Cocina remove political barriers to mobile food vending in the city. 11:00-7:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Great Highway/Golden Gate Park. Whether or not you missed the last Great Highway route because of the rain — be sure to take advantage of the second coming! Also, Clif Bar’s Fun Ride to the Academy is offering the first 100 bike toting visitors free admission to the Academy of Sciences. 10:00-3:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.