This Week: Funding the Bicycle Strategy, Sunset Streetscapes
This week, supervisors take a look at what it will take to fund the SFMTA’s Bicycle Strategy, SPUR discusses efforts to improve streets in the Sunset, Walk SF hosts its annual Woonerven holiday party, and the Planning Department presents its final Green Connections plan.
Here are all of the calendar highlights:
- Monday: The year’s final SPUR forum focuses on streetscape initiatives in the Sunset. Join D4 Supervisor Katy Tang, who is leading the Sunset Blueprint project, along with reps from the Department of Public Works and the Public Utilities Commission, for a discussion of efforts to create more people-friendly streets in the Avenues. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Board of Supervisors Budget and Finance Committee is set to hold a hearing called by Supervisor Eric Mar on prospects for funding the SFMTA’s Bicycle Strategy, a vision to build out a network of safe, comfortable, and convenient streets for biking and increase ridership to 20 percent of all trips by 2020. 10:30 a.m.
- Also Wednesday: The Planning Department will hold an open house to present its final Green Connections plan, which will lay out a network of streets to prioritize for biking and walking improvements connecting residents to city parks. 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Walk SF will hold its annual Woonerven holiday party, offering hors d’oeuvres, drinks, live music, and an opportunity to meet and chat with fellow advocates. 6 p.m.
- Friday: The first Friday of the month means it’s time once again for the San Francisco Bike Party. This Wonderland-themed ride is bound to be a great time, and bike partiers are invited to bring gifts to donate for a holiday toy drive. 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.