Sunday Streets: Mission
From Sunday Streets:
The Mission Sunday Streets will take place on Valencia St from 26th St to McCoppin Hub Plaza. Sunday Streets is a pet friendly event.
Attend a Community Meeting
If you have ideas on what you would like to see at Sunday Streets, come to a community meeting. See the dates and RSVP here.
Activities and more
The deadline to host an activity at the second Mission Sunday Streets is April 14, 2015. For more information about hosting an activity click here, or email Beth@livablecity.org. Please check back for activities at this event.
How to participate
Each Sunday Streets is made possible with the support and dedication of dozens of volunteers. From event prep and neighborhood outreach to staffing the event, there’s something for everyone. Click the links below to sign up for any of these opportunities:
- Sunday Streets in the Mission: Sunday, May 10, various 2.5-hour shifts between 9:30am & 5pm
- Neighborhood Outreach: Saturday, March 28 & April 18 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Volunteer Orientation: Monday, May 4 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sign Posting: Wednesday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monthly Volunteer Movie Night: Wednesday, April 22 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information about volunteering visit the volunteer page on this website or email Joelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host an activity
All activities that take place at Sunday Streets are offered at no cost to participants, and are led by community organizations, local merchant or neighborhood groups, individuals and Sunday Streets partners who graciously donate their time to make each event so special. The deadline to host an activity at the second Mission Sunday Streets is April 14, 2015. For more information about hosting an activity, click here, or email Beth@livablecity.org.
The Mission is one of the most transit rich neighborhoods in San Francisco. We strongly encourage biking, walking, or taking public transportation to get to Sunday Streets when possible.
MUNI: For trip planning and other Muni-related info, go to www.sfmta.com. Bikes are allowed on front racks of buses. The Mission Sunday Streets route is served by the following MUNI lines:
- K, L, M, T and F lines on Market St, just 1/2 a block north of the route
- J line on Church St stops at 18th St, just 2 blocks west of the route.
- the 22, 33, and 48 provide access to Valencia St
BART: Take BART to the 16th St or 24th St BART Stations. Both are just 1 short block from the Sunday Streets route on Valencia St. Bikes are allowed on BART trains at all times. For trip planning, go to www.bart.gov. For more information about bikes on BART, go to www.bart.gov/guide/bikes.
BIKE: Get in the spirit for Sunday Streets by biking there! Go to: www.sfbike.org to download a bike map to help find a flat, bike-friendly route from your area or the nearest transit stop to Sunday Streets. Got a long way to go? Shorten the trip by taking transit part of the way. Muni buses have bike racks for 2 bikes, BART and Caltrain both allow bikes on board.
By Car: Should you chose to drive, be aware that the Sunday Streets route is towed of all vehicles beginning at 8am and no stopping or parking is allowed on the streets after that (even if you’re just stopping for a moment for a cup of coffee), and no vehicles are allowed to drive onto the route after 10:30am.
Should you chose to drive, check out SFPark.org and parkme.com to identify available parking lots and spaces nearby. Additionally, parking may be available at these locations near the route:
- Mission Bartlett Garage at 3255 21st St
- Hoff Street Garage at 42 Hoff St between 16th and 17th Streets
Detour and Parking Changes
The Mission Sunday Streets route includes:
- Valencia St between 26th St and McCoppin St
- 23rd St between San Jose Ave and Bartlett St
No parking or stopping will be allowed on these streets after 8am (even if you’re just stopping for a quick cup of coffee, your car may be towed), and no vehicles will be allowed to drive onto the streets between 10:30am and 4pm.
- Vehicle traffic will be allowed to cross Valencia St on Duboce Ave, 16th St, and 24th St.
- East/westbound traffic should use 16th, 18th, or 24th Streets
- North/southbound traffic should use Guerrero St, Mission St, or Folsom St instead of Valencia St
If you need to coordinate local access to/from your home or place of business during Sunday Streets, please contact us as early as possible (call 415-344-0489 x 2 or email Liza@livablecity.org).