This Week: Workplace of the Future, Vigil Ride, BART Extension Meeting
- Monday today! Designing for the Unknown. When we think about the workplace of the future, are we thinking about the right things? What if we expanded our imaginings to include things like artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, 3D printing or even the influence of Star Wars? Join SPUR Monday, today, June 27 at 12:30, 654 Mission Street S.F. for an unusual talk about designing for the unknowns of the future. Free for SPUR members, $10 for non members.
- Monday tonight! SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. The committee meets monthly to consider bicycle transportation projects and policies to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, the SFMTA, and other City and County agencies. This month’s Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting will include updates regarding SFMTA’s Bicycle Strategy, proposed safety improvements to The Hairball and Bay Area Bike Share’s expansion. Monday, tonight, June 27, 6:30-7:30 p.m., City Hall, Room 408, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, S.F.
- Tuesday BART to Livermore Draft Plan Open House. The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) District is currently studying extending BART service to a new station within the I-580 median at Isabel Avenue in Livermore. BART is also evaluating three alternatives to a full BART extension. The City of Livermore is seeking community input on the Isabel Neighborhood Plan. Get involved today to make sure your voice is heard. Tuesday, June 28, 4-7 P.M., the Robert Livermore Community Center.
- Tuesday Community vigil ride. San Francisco Bike Party (SFBP) is organizing a vigil ride to remember the two women killed by hit-and-run drivers last Wednesday evening. From SFBP’s Facebook page: “Two cyclists lost their lives in SF within a few hours of each other due to serious car collisions this past Wednesday. We will hold a community ride to pay our respects to our fallen community members. The ride starts at the statue at Baker and Fell, and will then proceed to Golden Gate Park around 30th, before heading to SoMa and 7th and Howard. Riders are asked not to bring music bikes, but candles and art are encouraged.” Tuesday, June 28, 7-8:30 p.m., Panhandle, Corner of Baker and Fell, S.F.
- Thursday Vision Zero Committee Meeting. The Board of Supervisors, in their role as Transportation Commissioners to oversee the SF County Transportation Authority, meets regularly to receive updates on the City’s progress towards achieving Vision Zero, the goal of zero fatalities and serious injuries on our city’s streets by 2024. This is an opportunity to make public comment and urge the City to do more to meet Vision Zero. Thursday, June 30, 2-3:30 p.m., City Hall, Room 263, 1 Dr Carlton B Goodlett Pl., S.F.
- Thursday SPUR San Jose Member Party. Hosted at downtown’s San Pedro Square Market, the party will have live music, entertainment, and cocktails and small plates from local vendors. Thursday, July 30, 5-9 p.m. San Pedro Square Market, 87 N San Pedro Street, San Jose. Members only. Purchase tickets online.
- Friday Bicycle Coffee uptown Oakland cafe grand opening. Celebrate the new Uptown Oakland location with music, free pour-over coffee, and $1 draft beers. Friday, July 1, starting at 9 am. 1745 San Pablo Ave, Oakland.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.