This Week: Yes on J, K and Measure RR, Game of Floods, Designing for Tomorrow’s Workplace
- Monday tonight! Bike the Vote: Letter-Writing Marathon for J&K and RR. This year, the SF Bicycle Coalition is endorsing Yes on J&K and Measure RR. Let’s remember 2016 as the year San Francisco voters said ‘yes’ to investing in transportation. Come to a letter-writing marathon to learn how to write the most compelling letters and what the submission process looks like. Dinner will be provided. BYOB is welcome. Monday, tonight! Oct. 17, 5:30-7:30 p.m. the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Offices, 1720 Market St., S.F. This will be followed by a “transit blitz” campaign on Thursday, Oct. 20
- Tuesday Game of Floods. Come learn about coastal planning in the age of rising sea-levals. And grab a beer and play a round of “Game of Floods,” Marin County’s interactive sea level rise adaptation game. Tuesday, October 18, 6 p.m. SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members
- Wednesday Designing for What We Don’t Know Yet II. When we think about the workplace of the future, are we thinking about the right things? What if we expanded our imaginings to include things like gaming, artificial intelligence, driverless cars and more stuff from science fiction? Join SPUR for a talk on thinking beyond the cubicle. Wednesday, Oct. 19, 12:30 p.m. SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members
- Wednesday Women, Biking and the Law. Want to learn more about your rights as a bicyclists? Looking for information on what to do if you’re in a crash? Interested in how the legal process works, from working with police and lawyers to court? Presented by Shaana Rahman, founder of Rahman Law*, this workshop will cover topics including common causes of bike crashes, what to do if you have a collision or incident on the road, how to talk to the police and lawyers when you’re navigating the legal system. Contribute your own experiences and ride away with confidence as women, trans* or female-identifying bicyclists in San Francisco who knows their legal rights on the road. Wednesday, Oct. 19, 6-7:30 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Thursday Blitz for BART. Come out and help spread the word about Measure RR to its base supporters — BART commuters. Volunteers with the “Yes for RR campaign” will be at (almost) every station in BART’s system during the morning and evening commutes to reach as many people as possible. Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30- 9 a.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Sign up for a location assignment.
- Thursday Learning from Megaprojects. Megaprojects–like the $6.4 billion Bay Bridge eastern span–are essential to our region, but often end up controversial thanks to delays and cost overruns. Through focusing on the Bay Bridge, what lessons can we learn that can determine how to achieve these megaprojects differently in the future? Hear from an expert on the topic. Co-presented by ULI San Francisco. Thursday, Oct. 20, 12:30 p.m., SPUR Oakland, 1544 Broadway, Oakland. Free for SPUR and ULI San Francisco members. $10 for non-members.
- Saturday Oakland Mobility (OakMob) 101 Oakland residents–what moves you? How do you get around? If carshare and bikeshare options came to your neighborhood, would you use them? How could carshare and bikeshare help you stay connected to work, school and family? Bring your friends and family for a day of food, prizes, music, and the opportunity to plan a better connected and more equitable Oakland. Saturday, Oct. 22, 12-4 p.m., Defremery Park, 1651 Adeline Street, West Oakland. RSVP requested.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.