This Week: Bike the Vote, Electric Vehicles, Equity in Tech Growth
- Monday tonight! Bike the Vote: Letter-Writing Marathon for J&K and RR. The SF Bicycle Coalition is endorsing Yes on J&K and Measure RR. They are holding a letter-writing marathon where they will discuss how to write the most compelling letters and what the submission process looks like. Snacks will be provided. BYOB is welcome. Monday, tonight! Oct. 24, 5:30-7:30 p.m. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Offices, 1720 Market St., S.F. RSVP Requested.
- Tuesday Plug It In: California’s Growing Electric Vehicle Infrastructure. Roughly 220,000 EVs drive on California’s roads today and this number is expected to double in the next few years. How do you plan infrastructure for them? How does one make sure charging infrastructure is distributed equitably across our region? Join SPUR’s experts for a discussion on planning for EVs. Tuesday, Oct. 25, 12:30, SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members
- Wednesday Equity in Tech —The Oakland Model. Oakland’s tech economy is growing rapidly–along with a deliberate effort on many fronts to prioritize equity. Learn about initiatives to break down social and racial barriers and cultivate an equitable tech economy. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 12:30 p.m., SPUR Oakland, 1544 Broadway, Oakland. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members.
- Wednesday Housing the Next 100,000. SPUR brings together speakers to explore challenges in shaping a growing city for the next 100,000 people. From linking bottom-up forces of change and top-down strategic planning, to the role of public institutions and private sector forces, this event reflects on ways of addressing the scale of the housing crisis. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 6 p.m. SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, S.F. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members
- Wednesday San Francisco Bicycle Coalition New Member Meet and Greet. If you’ve been an SF Bicycle Coalition member for less than a year or are ready to get your membership rolling, the SFBC invites you to come to its New Member Meet and Greet. Chat with fellow members, check out the SFBC headquarters, learn more about your friendly SF bike advocacy organization and find out about the many different ways you can get involved. They’ll have snacks, beverages and plenty of indoor bike parking. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 6 p.m. 1720 Market St., S.F. RSVP requested.
- Thursday Office Hours with San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Executive Director Brian Wiedenmeier. Brian will hold monthly “office hours” in each Supervisorial District to hear from SFBC members. This month’s office hours will be for the Richmond/District 1. Thursday, Oct. 27, 8-10 a.m. Velo Rouge Cafe, 798 Arguello Boulevard, S.F. If you can’t make it, please email your questions to info -AT- sfbike.org.
- Thursday Women Bike Happy Hour at WOBO’s Oaktown Ghosttown. Join Walk Oakland Bike Oakland’s end of year costume party and fundraiser. Thursday, Oct. 27, 6-9 p.m. at SPUR Oakland,1544 Broadway. Tickets start at $30.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.