This Week: Jeff Tumlin Exit Interview, Bike to Work Day Ambassador Training
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday Exit Interview for Jeff Tumlin. Since July 2016, Tumlin has served as the interim director of Oakland’s new Department of Transportation. He helped shape and form the department, giving it the structure it needs to succeed while helping it pass key initial projects and policies. As his tenure comes to an end, hear him reflect on what it’s meant to be the department’s first director and where he sees the department going. Tuesday, April 11, 6 p.m., SPUR Oakland 1544 Broadway, Oakland.
- Thursday ‘Bike to Work Day’ Ambassador Training. Become a Bicycle Ambassador. Come to this SF Bicycle Coalition training session to get up to date on what’s going on and learn how to sign up new members. This training will prepare you to volunteer at Bike to Work Day, as well as at races, festivals, Service Stations and other events. Please note that you must be a current member of the SF Bicycle Coalition to become a Bicycle Ambassador. Thursday, April 13, 6-8 p.m., SF Bicycle Coalition, 1720 Market St., SF. RSVP.
- Saturday Bike and Roll to School Week Kickoff Bike Fair. Assemblymember Phil Ting hosts this annual bike safety fair and celebration of Bike & Roll to School Week April 17-21. YBike provides balance bikes for ages 2-5 and children’s bikes of all sizes to use. Just bring a good attitude and a little determination. (You may bring your own bike). Free helmets for children while supplies last. Saturday, April 15, 10-1 p.m., Jose Ortega Elementary School, 400 Sargent Street, SF.
- Saturday Eggstravaganza. This year’s Spring Eggstravaganza at Sharon Meadow in Golden Gate Park will feature egg hunts, carnival rides, games, live entertainment, food trucks and a rib cook-off between SF Rec and Park, SF Fire, SF Police and other city departments. In addition, free bike valet will be provided by SF Bike Coalition at the west entrance of the event, off Bowling Green Drive near Martin Luther King Drive. Saturday, April 15, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Golden Gate Park, Sharon Meadow Kezar Drive and JFK Drive, SF.
- Sunday Spring Ride: Three Bears and a Pig from Orinda BART. A Bike East Bay ride. Bring your own working bike and helmet, water and snacks for the ride, sunscreen, money for BART and lunch (or bring your lunch with you), and good spirits. They will roll out promptly at 9:15 a.m., so be there by 9 a.m. to sign in and meet everyone. Rain cancels or postpones. Register to let us know you’re coming and to get any last-minute updates. Sunday, April 15, 9 a.m.-1:00 p.m., 11 Camino Pablo, Orinda BART Station, Orinda, CA. RSVP.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.