This Week in Livable Streets Events
Muni is far from alone in facing service cuts. This week, the front line of transit service reductions is in Oakland, where AC Transit will be holding a public hearing on proposed cuts. Plus, check out plenty of more uplifting events from this week's Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR Young Urbanists: Ballots and brews. Learn what's on the ballot for the June election and what it means for San Francisco from SPUR policy staff. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Growth and planning: San Francisco’s role in the region. Join San Francisco Planning Director John Rahaim and Association of Bay Area Governments Planning Director Ken Kirkey for an "exciting discussion about San Francisco's role in the region." 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: AC Transit Board of Directors Meeting: Public Hearing: Fiscal Emergency/Service Reductions. AC Transit is considering a second round of service cuts. Let the agency know what you think at this public hearing. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Cesar Chavez Streetscape Improvements Meeting. The city will provide preliminary information on the two phases of the upcoming Cesar Chavez Sewer and Streetscape Improvements. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. Speak your mind about bicycle issues in San Francisco. This eleven member committee advises the Board of Supervisors on all matters bicycle. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Thinkwalks: Walk The Wiggle. 1-3 p.m.