This Week in Livable Streets Events
Start off the week by attending the SFCTA meeting and discuss allocations of Prop K funds. Then, pedal your way out of the city on a mid-week jaunt to Santa Cruz. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SFCTA Authority Board Meeting. The Authority Board agenda has several Prop K allocation requests to decide. The Board will also hear a status update on California High-Speed Rail. 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Employee shuttles: A new mode of commuting. Join Margaret Cortes of the Planning Department and Tilly Chang of the SFCTA in a discussion of how employee shuttles impact San Francisco's neighborhoods and public transit level of service. 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: SPUR: Special Event: Blueprint America: Beyond the Motor City. This special PBS film showcase offers a glimpse into America's faulty past transportation decision making and ruminates on its promising mode sharing future. 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: ROMP Ride to Santa Cruz. Hop in line with the Range of Motion Project (ROMP) for a day as they ride to Santa Cruz. 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday: Hillsdale Station Area Plan Workshop. Do some hands on community planning with the City of San Mateo as they workout Transit-Oriented Development options for the Hillsdale Caltrain Station area. 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Free Urban Cycling Workshop: Intro to Safe Cycling (Day 1). New to biking or looking to freshen up your skills? Take advantage of this free 4-hour course covering all of the biking basics - from choosing your gear to maneuvering safely on the streets. 5:30-9:30 p.m.