This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week, look at the city through the eyes of others. Begin by viewing growth through a European lens and end with a local approach to greening and sustainability. Here are the week’s highlights:
- Tuesday: SFMTA Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee Meeting. Let the PSAC, the official public representative to the Board of Supervisors on
pedestrian issues, know your concerns about everyday safety. 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: The European way. Join Steven Hill, author of Europe’s Promise: Why the European Way is the Best
Hope in an Insecure Age, to discuss how America should use Europe as a model for its future. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Walking Tour: Dogpatch manufacturing tour. Take a walk with Kate Sofis of SFMade.org and gain a new perspective of the Dogpatch’s history and its renewed significance for the city. 10:00 a.m.
- Friday: SPUR Walking Tour: District 10 tour with Supervisor Sophie Maxwell. Escape to the Central Waterfront with Supervisor Sophie Maxwell and learn about her favorite neighborhood haunts. 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Seven Hells of SF. Feel the burn on this 35-mile ride over some of San Francisco’s most outrageously grueling hills. 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday: SFBC Rec Ride: Lots of Abundance. Want to see how reclaiming land for public use can restore our connection to food? This ride, lead by TransitionSF and the San Francisco Permaculture Guild, is for you. 9:45 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated
listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.