This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday: Join the East Bay Bicycle Coalition and the City of Richmond Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee as they review the Richmond Bicycle Master Plan Final Draft in the process of creating a bike-friendly city. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: This week’s SFMTA Board meeting has the Upper Market St. bike lanes on the agenda. Show your support for a consistent, secure space for bike users on this stretch of thoroughfare. 10 a.m.
- Wednesday: The SF Bicycle Coalition’s annual member meeting includes a Treehouse Talk from Andy Thornley, Jodie Medeiros and others to share the innovations, ideas and best practices they learned during a recent visit to Copenhagen for the Velo-City 2010 Conference. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR hosts a special opportunity for residents who want to learn all about starting a farmers market in their community. Hear from the experts from organizations such as the Noe Valley Farmers Market and CUESA. 3 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC rides, past and future: Take a bike ride and discover the city’s rich transit history on a tour with the SF Bike Coalition. 12 p.m.. Or, take a 180 toward the future and help inform their ambitious Connecting the City campaign by going on a survey ride through the Bay Trail Route section of their plan for safe, protected bikeways. 10 a.m.
- Sunday: Don’t miss the final Sunday Streets of the year and your chance to walk, run, bike, play, or just relax in the car-free streets of the Civic Center/Tenderloin. It’ll be the first time these neighborhoods experience Sunday Streets. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.