This week, start the new year off right by hopping on a bike, helping others get on one, or making new friends on two wheels. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: Emeryville Bike-Ped Advisory Committee Meeting. If you live in or travel through Emeryville, your help and input are needed this evening on shaping a plan for better walking and cycling in the area. 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday: SF Board of Supervisors Meeting. This week’s agenda includes a resolution in support of measures to mitigate the effects of peak oil, the establishment of the Civic Center Community Benefit District, and perhaps the long-awaited appointment of a successor mayor. 2 pm.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting. Items include an update on year-end budget projections.
- Friday: The first-ever SF Bike Party kicks off with a birthday party theme, taking a beautiful night ride from the Ballpark through the Embarcadero, over Russian Hill, out to the Richmond and Golden Gate Park, finally back to Civic Center via Alamo Square. Stops for partying along the way. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange Workday. Get a good start on your 2011 resolutions by helping give underprivileged members of the local community the joy of a bicycle by repairing or donating used bikes for charity. No experience fixing bikes? Take advantage of this opportunity to learn while doing some good. 10 am.