UC Berkeley’s Center for Environmental Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy is proud to be hosting a public policy, transportation and urban planning conference on California High Speed Rail.
Realizing the Vision of a High-Speed Rail System in California: Connecting People While Fostering Prosperity, Smart Growth and Sustainability
When: May 2-3, 2011
Where: Clark Kerr Conference Center – UC Berkeley
This conference aims to inform the next stage in policy design and implementation to develop a HSR system for California from a multidisciplinary perspective. It will do so by exploring HSR’s environmental impact vis-à-vis other transportation modes, local, regional and statewide economic opportunities, private involvement in financing, and lessons from international experiences with HSR. Come gather with top national and international researchers, business leaders, policy practitioners and experts to discuss the economic, environmental and urban development considerations that can maximize the benefits of HSR to California and help spur a prosperous green economy.
Monday, May 2nd
- The Vision of HSR in California: Mobility, Sustainability and Smart Growth
- HSR and New Urbanism
- Transportation Policy and Implementation Challenges to HSR Development
- Keynote Speech: Peter Calthorpe: A Future Vision of HSR and Smart Growth for California
Tuesday, May 3rd
- Economic Impacts of HSR: Lessons for California
- Community Aspects of Developing a HSR System in California
- HSR Connecting Global Cities: Enhancing California’s International Competitiveness
LOCATION: The conference will be held at the Krutch Theater at the Clark Kerr Campus, UC Berkeley. (Directions to Clark Kerr and Clark Kerr Campus Map)
ACCOMMODATIONS: The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa is offering a group rate for conference attendees. (Click here to register with group rate.) A shuttle will be arranged to facilitate travel between The Claremont Hotel and the Clark Kerr Campus.
REGISTRATION: To register, click this link, or paste the following URL into your browser: http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/default.aspx?EventID=894329