This week, hear an update on the Bay Area’s Regional Transportation Plan, the SFMTA Board hears updates on school zone projects and pedestrian safety, the Planning Commission holds a hearing on the CPMC development plans, and Sunday Streets graces the city once again in Bayview. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: Update on the Regional Transportation Plan. Ashley Nguyen of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and Jeff Hobson of TransForm join this SPUR Lunchtime Forum to discuss how the MTC will incorporate its Sustainable Communities Strategy into the Bay Area’s new Regional Transportation plan. 12:30 pm.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board of Directors meets. On the agenda is the approval of bike lanes on Phelan Avenue as well as updates on the 15 mph school zone pilot project, pedestrian safety efforts in District 6, and potential strategies to reduce westbound car traffic on Market Street. 1 pm.
- Tuesday: SF Board of Supervisors meets. The agenda includes the Mayor’s Street Safety and Repaving Bond, the Treasure Island Development project, the Parkmerced redevelopment, the new North Beach Library park on Mason Street, establishing a 2-hour time limit at broken parking meters, a measure “urging congressional funding for pedestrian, bicycle, and transit projects,” and more. 2 pm.
- Thursday: The SF Planning Commission will hold an informational hearing on the California Pacific Medical Center development, which plans to add a controversial 650 parking spaces. 12 pm.
- Friday: East Bay Bike Party: Skirt Ride. Have a blast pedaling around for an evening in skirts with the East Bay Bike Party, starting off at the Ashby BART station. An after party with contests, and raffles, and beer will benefit Spokeland Bike Co-Op. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: Hayes Valley Playground Renovation Celebration. The Trust for Public Land celebrates the long-awaited renovation of the Hayes Valley Playground with the local community. The new playground design features an eco-friendly clubhouse with a living roof and solar panels as well as water saving drought-tolerant plants. 10:45 am.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets in Bayview. It’s finally time for another day of playing on family-friendly car-free streets, this time in the southeastern neighborhoods of Bayview, Dogpatch, and Potero Hill. The street opening zig-zags from 16th and Wisconsin Streets towards Third Street, where it runs all the way down to Mendell Plaza. 11 am – 4 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.