This week, learn about the city’s 25-year transportation plan, the Board of Supes holds a hearing on a parking garage redevelopment, the SF Bike Party rolls out in “Steampunk” style, and Walk SF takes a tour of China Basin. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: San Francisco’s Transportation Plan. Join SF County Transportation Authority Planning Deputy Director Tilly Chang and Principal Transportation Planner Zabe Bent at this SPUR Lunchtime Forum on San Francisco’s 25-year transportation plan. “Come learn what investments are included in the plan, how they are funded and how San Francisco’s overall transportation funding priorities compare with other major cities.” 12:30 pm.
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors meets. On the agenda are 100 15-mph school zones, items regarding the on-street car share parking pilot, the lease agreement for the Phelan Loop development, transportation code amendments including “a separate transit violation for fare evasion or fraudulent use of a Clipper card,” an increase in taxi meter rates and medallions, and approving Ed Reiskin’s contract. 1 pm.
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisor meets. On the agenda is a hearing on an exemption from environmental review for a project that would covert a 58-space parking garage at 1945 Hyde Street (at Union) to a mixed-use building with 17 spaces underneath, 7 residential units and a commercial space. 2 pm, hearing at 4 pm.
- Thursday: SF Planning Commission Hearing. The agenda includes a development at Third and 18th Streets with 104 residential units and 78 parking spaces, the Planning Commission’s response to the Civil Grand Jury report on the Parkmerced redevelopment, and updates on the Transit Center District Plan and the Recreation and Open Space Element. 12 pm.
- Friday: SF Bike Party. “Have you ever thought about what you would wear to a party where Sherlock Holmes, Capt Nemo, Pris, and Miette were the guest of honor? Well you’re in luck with our August Steampunk themed Bike Party.” Look out for the route to be announced soon. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: China Basin: Divided Yet Harmonious. Walk SF’s “walking tour of China Basin, one of the newest neighborhoods in the city, promises to be a packed tour with a major transit hub, ballpark, offices, grocery store, housing , and wide sidewalks all situated next to beautiful Mission Creek.” 10 am.
- Sunday: 2011 Tour de Peninsula Family Recreational Ride. Head out to Coyote Point Park in San Mateo for the 20th anniversary of “this delightful day of cycling and outdoor fun with family and friends. Choose from a variety of routes to suit everyone from young children and first time riders to serious cyclists. Throughout the day, family fun activities take place in the park, with a children’s playground, barbecuing, picnics, live music, and equally lively conversation.” Rides begin as early as 7 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.