This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday and all week: SFBC Bike Safety and Education Week. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is holding their free Urban Bicycling Workshops almost every day during Bike Safety and Education Week to help folks stay safe and feel confident on a bicycle.
- Tuesday: SPUR Young Urbanists: Ballots and Brews. Join SPUR for this “informal gathering and learn what (and who) is on the ballot for the November election. This year’s election will include eight ballot measures and will decide who will be San Francisco’s next Mayor. BYOB (Bring Your Own Ballot) and come hear the inside story from SPUR policy staff.” 6 pm.
- Thursday: SF Board of Supervisors Government Audit and Oversight Committee meets. The committee will hold a hearing on the Civil Grand Jury’s report, “Central Subway: Too Much Money For Too Little Benefit.” 10 am.
- Thursday: SF Planning Commission Hearing. The agenda includes a project at Sloat Boulevard and 45th Ave. for three 5-story mixed-use buildings with 56 apartments, 23,000 square feet of retail, and a 112-space underground car parking garage. 12 pm.
- Friday: Halloween Critical Mass. Take to the streets on two wheels with thousands of costumed characters on for possibly the most colorful and widely attended Critical Mass of the year. 5:30 pm.
- Saturday: Mustache Ride over Golden Gate Bridge. “BYOBM (Bring your own bike and mustache) on this ride from Golden Gate Park to Sausalito.” 1:30 pm.
- Sunday: Shaping San Francisco Bicycle History Tour: Halloween Cemetery Tour. “Take a special spirited Halloween tour of several massive cemeteries where famous San Franciscans are buried” in Colma. 12 pm.