SFPark Mission Bay Parking Planning Community Meeting
- June 16, 2012 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Mission Creek Park Pavilion, 290 Channel Street, one block west of 4th and Channel Streets
The public is invited to join the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) at our second Mission Bay parking planning community meeting. We will discuss the revised plans for parking management in the neighborhood and gather public input. As Mission Bay evolves, we need to ensure that everyone on the road—cars, buses, bicycles, and pedestrians—can travel safely and smoothly.
Mission Creek Park Pavilion, 290 Channel Street, one block west of 4th and Channel Streets
Saturday, June 16
3-3:30 p.m. – Open House
3:30-4:30 p.m. – Public Comments (sign up by 3:20 p.m.)
The SFMTA seeks public input on the following:
- Special event pricing to better manage parking demand during large events like Giants games and reduce congestion.
- Extended meter hours to open up evening parking, particularly during evening games. This is separate from the SFMTA’s citywide Sunday metering proposal.
- New meter installation schedule for meters approved in 2002, which will have SFpark demand-responsive pricing to ensure an optimum level of open parking spaces as Mission Bay grows.
During the open house section of the meeting, attendees can review plan details, talk directly with project planners, and submit written feedback. The public comment period follows.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions about the location or the project.
Mission Bay parking planning project area
Note: the meeting location is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and others with disabilities. Assistive listening devices, materials in alternative formats, American Sign Language interpreters and other accommodations will be made available upon request to ParkingPlanning@SFMTA.com. Providing at least 72 hours’ notice will help to ensure availability.