Alameda Shoreline Drive Cycle Track Workshop
- Thursday, June 28, 2012 | 7 pm
- Lum Elementary School Multi-use Room, 1801 Sandcreek Way, Alameda
- More Info
From Bike Alameda:
We have a chance to make an incredible bikeway along Shoreline Drive.
What we want: Increase bicycling and walking along the shoreline recreation area by decreasing conflicts on the Shoreline path and significantly increasing the safety for all people walking and biking along the corridor.
How can we do it: We believe that the most productive way to achieve these goals is by providing a protected bikeway (cycletrack) adjacent to the path and creating safer crossings on Shoreline Drive and Westline Drive to encourage more activity along the jewel that is our regional beach.
Community benefits of this proposal:
- Beautiful complete street with a promenade
- increase the livability for residents of the area by enhancing access to residential units along Shoreline
- improve access to bus stops and maintain evening parking for residents
- makes the path safer for others
Want to help make this possible? Come to the city meeting on June 28 and help share this vision. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.