Don’t miss an “all-star transit panel” discussion tonight about solutions to fix gridlocked car traffic in the South of Market District. The international Ride of Silence also returns, and upgrades for a safer Octavia Boulevard are up for comment at a public hearing.
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: The South Beach D6 Democratic Club hosts “Solving the Daily Traffic Nightmare in SOMA,” a forum featuring an “all-star transit panel”: Supervisor Scott Wiener, Livable City Director and BART Board member Tom Radulovich, SFCTA Executive Director Tilly Chang, Mayoral Transportation Policy Director Gillian Gillett, and April Veneracion Ang, aide to Supervisor Jane Kim. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: This week’s SFMTA Board of Directors agenda includes an update on the agency’s Vision Zero efforts. 1 p.m.
- Wednesday: The annual Ride of Silence honors those who have been injured or killed while bicycling. The group ride takes place in over 50 countries. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday: Come celebrate Streetsblog Happy Hour‘s new status as a monthly event at Virgil’s Sea Room. 6 p.m.
- Friday: This week’s SFMTA public engineering hearing agenda includes the first wave of Octavia Boulevard safety upgrades: Parking removals for bulb-outs and daylighting and a pedestrian refuge island at Octavia and Oak Street. You can speak at the hearing or email firstname.lastname@example.org. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.