This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday: 17th Street Bike Lanes Community Meeting. Speak up at this SFMTA meeting for filling in the gap of safe bike lanes on 17th Street between Treat Street and Potrero Avenue. 6 pm.
- Monday: The SF Transit Riders Union meets. Join the growing coalition to make Muni the system San Francisco deserves. This month’s general meeting will be held at the Chinatown Branch Library. 6 pm.
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets. Included on the packed agenda is the contentious Park Merced redevelopment agreements, the exemption of AT&T’s sidewalk boxes from environmental review, changing the sidewalk width on Brotherhood Way, and more. 2 pm.
- Wednesday: Sustainable Urbanism? TransForm Executive Director Stuart Cohen and world-renowned planner and author Peter Calthorpe discuss the big questions about the state of urbanism in California and the Bay Area, including the impact of SB 375 and federal funding preferences on land use. 10 am.
- Wednesday: Pies for Parklets Celebration and Fundraiser. Have a slice of pie with the North of Panhandle community to celebrate Bike NoPa writer Michael Helquist as District 5 Person of the Month and help raise funds for a new parklet on the corner of Turk and Lyon Streets. 5:30 pm.
- Friday: Critical Mass. Thousands of San Franciscans will once again have a blast on two wheels for the city’s monthly tradition of reclaiming the streets from automobiles. 5:30 pm.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: City Tour of Literary History. Pedal through North Beach and the Mission neighborhoods and learn about their rich history of famous poetry and prose. “Be prepared to meet some authors along the way.” 11:15 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.