This week, learn about the Trails Forever initiative, find love on wheels, help plan a better eastern Cesar Chavez Street, have a bash with the Wigg Party, and discover one of the Connecting the City routes. Here the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Connecting regional open spaces: Trails Forever at the GGNRA. "Join Steve Griswold of the GGNRA and Kate Bickert of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy as they provide an update on the Trails Forever initiative, a major campaign" working to renovate and expand park trails to connect areas north and south of the Golden Gate. 12:30 pm.
- Wednesday: Love on Wheels. Find a date for that romantic evening of shared bike love you've always wanted with the SF Bicycle Coalition's Love on Wheels dating game. Contestants quiz a panel of lovely candidates and "pedal off to a first date." Also get a chance to win raffle prizes. 6 pm.
- Thursday: Community Meeting: Cesar Chavez East Planning. Now that a large section of Cesar Chavez Street is going to be redesigned, users of the corridor can get involved with the community process of rethinking the eastern span from Hampshire to Illinois, including the freeway interchange known as "The Hairball." There's also an opportunity to put in physically separated bikeways. 6:30 pm.
- Friday: Wigg Party One-Year Anniversary Party. Are you a Wiggler who's still looking to find out what the Wigg Party community that's growing around it is all about? Get in on this month's meeting and one-year anniversary bash featuring the kick-off of the new "Bikes and Beats" bike ride and "guerilla dance party" event. 8 pm.
- Saturday: SFBC Survey Ride: Connecting the City – North-South Bikeway. The SF Bicycle Coalition takes another tour of one of their future routes crossing the city, transversing the envisioned North-South Bikeway from Aquatic Park down Polk and Valencia Streets to Glen Park, Ingleside, and ending up at SF State University. Help imagine what's possible to make the route comfortable enough for anyone eight to eighty to ride on. 10 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.