Tomorrow: Join SF’s First Official Walk to Work Day
Tomorrow, San Francisco launches the first official Walk to Work Day in the nation. Mayor Ed Lee and nine supervisors plan to take a stroll and join a press conference on the steps of City Hall.
Walk SF will have “hubs” set up around the city where walking commuters can get free coffee, snacks, enter to win prizes, and get a free Clipper card “pre-loaded with a ride home.” Check out the Walk SF website for a list of cafes offering special deals for those who say “I’m walking to work today” or show their hub-issued sticker. Walkers who share a photo of their commute on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook with the #Walk2Work hashtag can also win a prize. After work, Show Dogs at Market and Taylor Streets will host a Walk to Work Day happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Here’s where you can meet up with your district supervisor:
- D1 Supervisor Eric Mar: Cinderella Bakery, Balboa Street at 6th Ave, 7:45 a.m.
- D2 Supervisor Mark Farrell: Peet’s Coffee, 2197 Fillmore at California, 8:00 a.m.
- D3 Supervisor David Chiu: Réveille, 200 Columbus Ave at Kearny, 8:30 a.m.
- D4 Supervisor Katy Tang will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D5 Supervisor London Breed: Ritual Coffee, 432B Octavia Street at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D6 aide Sunny Angulo will be at the traffic light at Folsom and Russ, 8:45 a.m.
- D8 Supervisor Scott Wiener: Peet’s Coffee, 2257 Market at Castro, 9:00 a.m.
- D9 Supervisor David Campos: Philz Coffee, 24th Street at Folsom, 8:30 a.m.
- D10 Supervisor Malia Cohen will join Sup. Breed at Ritual, Octavia at Hayes, 8:45 a.m.
- D11 Supervisor John Avalos: Mamá Art Cafe, 4754 Mission at Persia, 7:00 a.m.