Sixth Street Traffic Calming Pilot Project Community Meeting
From Supervisor Jane Kim’s office:
WHAT: Sixth Street Improvement Pilot Project Meeting
WHO: Supervisor Jane Kim & SFMTA
WHEN: Wednesday, 7/10/13 @ 6:00pm
WHERE: Gene Friend Rec Center
WHAT: Give input on the Sixth Street Improvement Project!
The District 6 Pedestrian Safety Work Group and D6 community brainstormed with the SFMTA this past February on how to improve pedestrian safety along the Sixth Street corridor – which has one of the highest vehicle-pedestrian collisions in the City.
Supervisor Kim has been working with the SFMTA to fund the Sixth Street Improvement Project, including a test pilot in the fall that would:
- Widen pedestrian sidewalk space
- Improve traffic signalization
- Provide mid-block crossings
- Slow traffic crossing Market Street onto Sixth
- Identify positive community activation along Sixth Street