Mid-Market — SoMa Alleyways Phase 2 Project Update
Update on the exciting improvements coming to your neighborhood soon –
SoMa Alleyway Improvement Project Phase 2 includes 6 alleys:
- Minna and Natoma Streets from 6th to Mary Streets.
- Tehama, Clementina, Shipley, and Clara Streets from 6th to 5th Streets.
Streetscape improvements include:
- New sewer main
- Raised crosswalks and handicap ramps
- Traffic chicanes
- Textured asphalt paving
- New traffic Striping
- New street trees
- Replacement street trees for existing dead or unhealthy trees
- Pruning for designated existing trees
- Replacement of street lights along:
Minna and Natoma Streets from 6th to Mary Streets
Tehama and Clementina Streets from 6th to 5th Streets
Here is what will happen next:
- Tree Planting Notices: Property owners received a notice via mail if a new street tree or shrub is going to be planted in the sidewalk in front of their property.
- Tree Removal Notices: Existing trees that are unhealthy or dead have a notice posted on them. All removed trees will be replaced with a tree or a shrub.
- Community Meeting for Project Update
- Tree planting and Tree removal hearing will take place on November 25, 2013.
- After the construction contract is awarded notices will be sent to inform of construction starting date.
- Anticipated start of construction early 2014
- Estimated length of construction 9 months