This Week: Greening the Wiggle, and Growing Around Transit
There are forums aplenty this week delving into topics including Plan Bay Area, getting around in the Sunset, and BRT in Mexico City. Tomorrow evening, city agencies are also holding an open house meeting about turning the Wiggle into a calmer greenway. Check out the rest of the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: Wiggle Neighborhood Green Corridor Community Open House. The SFMTA and the SF Public Utilities Commission will hold an open house to collect ideas for traffic calming and greenery improvements along the Wiggle. 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: ¡Hola, BRT Real! Panelists from the last month’s San Francisco visit to Mexico City will discuss lessons learned on bringing bus rapid transit to SF, San Jose, and Oakland. 12:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The SF Planning Department will hold the first in a series of workshops on the draft Central Corridor Plan, a blueprint for street improvements and transit-oriented, upzoned development focused around the Central Subway stations coming to SoMa. 6 p.m.
- More Wednesday: The SF Bay Guardian hosts a forum to discuss the potential impacts of Plan Bay Area, the regional plan for focusing development around transit. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Moving to Work. Panelists from SPUR, Reconnecting America, and Urban Habitat will tackle the question of how to encourage transit-oriented development in the Bay Area to “improve job access via transit, particularly for low- and moderate-income workers.” 12:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: D4 Supervisor Katy Tang will host a meeting on improving transportation and pedestrian safety in the Sunset as part of her “Sunset District Blueprint” project. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: On this week’s SFMTA Engineering Hearing agenda is approval of bike-share stations for the upcoming pilot launch. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.