Friends of Caltrain Meetup
From Bay Rail Alliance:
Do you use Caltrain in San Francisco? There are lots of projects and decisions coming up affecting how well Caltrain serves SF.
- Proposed November ballot measures will enable San Francisco to pay its annual Caltrain bills without annual last-minute heroics
- The Transbay team is exploring ways to pay for and accelerate the Downtown Extension, which will bring Caltrain to a central location with many more transit connections and jobs
- San Francisco is studying the potential for new buildings where Caltrain currently stores trains
- Bike and pedestrian improvements are planned near 4th and King, including Embarcadero bike lanes, a 2nd street road diet, improvements on Howard and Folsom, and 8th street pedestrian improvements
- Bike share expansion is planned (though slowed due to bike vendor bankruptcy)
Do you want to support Caltrain in SF, and find out where to focus and how to take action?
Come to a Friends of Caltrain San Francisco meetup, Wednesday April 2, 6pm, Panera on King Street across from the Caltrain station. Presenters include Gillian Gillett of the Mayor’s office, Darby Watson of SFMTA, Sunny Angulo with Supervisor Kim.
RSVP so we’ll be sure to have enough space.